COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
The Regional and Province-wide Restrictions in Response to COVID-19 Resurgence announced by the Québec government on December 15, 2020 and January 6, 2021 do not affect the service of athletic therapy and osteopathic care. It should be noted that professional health care services (dentists, optometrists, physiotherapists, osteopaths, etc.) are not affected by these closures and will be able to continue their activities, according to Quebec.ca COVID-19.
When you call or e-mail to take an appointment, you will be asked questions if you have Covid-19 symptoms of fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of smell or taste, gastro-intestinal issues such as nausea or diarrhea. When in doubt, call Info-Sante 811. For International travellers in the last 2 weeks, for individuals who tested positive in the last month, for individuals who had contact with Covid positive or possibly positive persons, we will postpone an appointment.
If you think you may have COVID-19, the government asks that you call 1‑877‑644‑4545 to schedule an appointment at a screening clinic.
2. Preparation for the appointment
- With one-on-one appointments, you will not come in contact with another patient/client
- Please use the washroom prior to leaving your house
- Please arrive not earlier than 5 min before the appointment. You will be called to come in
- Please arrive unnacompanied unless the patient/client is a minor or when medically indicated
- Please bring your mask and wear it for the appointment, according to the guidelines of the Quebec MInistry of Public Health.
- You will be asked to disinfect your hands at the entry, according to the guidelines of the Quebec MInistry of Public Health
3. Strict sanitary measures
- Athletic therapist, Osteopath and Patient, Client will disinfect their hands at the entry, before the appointment, and after the appointment
- Face touching is to be avoided at all times as the coronavirus can be spread by contaminated hands
- The surface area is disinfected after each appointment, between each pateint/client, including the table, pillow in a vinyl cover, chairs, railing, knobs, visor
- Single use of towels, pillow covers, protective equipment (visor is an exception, it is disinfected after each single use)
- Personal protective equipment includes a surgical mask, visor, gown
- Additional air disinfection by Ultraviolet lamp (UV) is used for the office space. UV disinfection is part of the ventilation sysytem as well as additional measure of air disinfection